The intended audience for this webpage is healthcare professionals in the UK permitted to prescribe PAXLOVID (nirmatrelvir/ritonavir) and/or manage PAXLOVID ▼ drug interactions. For prescribing information and adverse event reporting, see the bottom of this webpage. The promotional content for this webpage is organised and funded by Pfizer.
▼ Paxlovid (nirmatrelvir/ritonavir) is indicated for the treatment of COVID-19 in adults who do not require supplemental oxygen and who are at increased risk for progressing to severe COVID-19.1,2
Paxlovid has a Conditional Marketing Authorisation (CMA)* in Great Britain.
*A Conditional Marketing Authorisation (CMA) means that further evidence on this medicinal product is awaited. New information on this medicinal product will be reviewed when any relevant information of significance becomes available and at least every year and the product information will be updated as necessary.
Paxlovid is indicated for the treatment of COVID-19 in adults who do not require supplemental oxygen and who are at increased risk for progression to severe COVID-19.1,2
The science behind Paxlovid – Mechanism of Action 1,2
Find out more about Paxlovid.
Clicking on the links below will direct you to the Paxlovid PfizerPro, a promotional website intended for UK Healthcare Professionals only.
Safety & Tolerability
Dosing & DDIs
Top three things your eligible high-risk patients should know when they are well
1. Understand whether they are eligible for COVID-19 treatments
2. Be aware of the process and urgency of testing for COVID-19
3. Know what to do after a positive test for COVID-19
Top three things your eligible high-risk patients should know if they are prescribed Paxlovid
1. Understand the correct dosing of Paxlovid
2. Make sure patients are aware that they must complete the 5-day treatment course, even if they feel better, to prevent progression to severe COVID-19
3. Inform them on what they should do if they experience any side effects
Expand your knowledge in these areas by clicking here.
1. Paxlovid (nirmatrelvir/ritonavir) SmPC Great Britain
2. Paxlovid (nirmatrelvir/ritonavir) SmPC Northern Ireland
Adverse event Reporting:
Adverse events should be reported. Reporting forms and information can be found at https://coronovirus-yellowcard.mhra.gov.uk/ or search MHRA Yellow Card in the Google Play or Apple App Store. Adverse Events should also be reported to Pfizer Medical Information on 01304 616161.
PP-PAX-GBR-0517. February 2023.