This clip describes briefly what the collaborative care model is and how the debate on how it could apply to the pharmacy profession might be important.
Is the collaborative care model the next big thing in pharmacy?
Paul, Barry and I explore how the collaborative care model may be applied to the pharmacy profession. Alienation, detachment general demoralisation and isolation are all consequences of pharmacists not feeling truly empowered to work autonomously in their role.
Key questions discussed
- What is the value of collaboration in the workplace?
- How can the profession of pharmacy promote collaboration and autonomy among its members to improve job satisfaction and patient care?
- How can the profession of pharmacy address the issue of alienation and anxiety among its members?
- What is the impact of the changing roles in pharmacy on job satisfaction and professional identity?
- Why is debate and discussion about values and identity important?